The Sanctuary Show
Whether profane or sacred, individual or city, sanctuaries can highlight the very best of our communities – the unwillingness to be in fear of the other, the unwillingness to give in to hate-fueled political or ideological bigotry, and the unwillingness to close our doors to those who most need safety and protection. Sanctuaries can offer comfort and peace to those who seek refuge upon their shores, and in doing so, alleviate suffering and restore dignity. The Sanctuary Show seeks to capture the grace and humanity of this notion and encourages artists to explore a variety of responses across any medium.
- Submission Deadline: January 16, 2018
- Acceptance Notification: January 26, 2018
- Artwork Drop Off: February 12 & 13, 2018, 9am-8pm
- Exhibit on View: February 15 – April 6, 2018
- Reception: February 23, 2018, 5-8pm
- Artwork Pick Up: April 9 & 10, 9am -8pm, 2018
This is an open call exhibit for residents of New York and Pennsylvania. Priority is given to local artists.
- Up to two pieces of artwork may be submitted
- An accompanying statement must comment on each artwork and its relationship to the theme
- Artwork must be new and created for this show
- Pedestal, Floor Standing, or Wall art may be submitted
- You may include up to 3 images detailing each submitted work
- Wall art may weigh up to 50 pounds
- Unless intended for hanging or floor standing, work must fit on a 10×10 inch pedestal top
- Hanging work must utilize our gallery’s hanging system; please see the Standard Exhibit Guidelines for pictures of our wall hanging system (contact for special considerations)
- The Arts Council does not provide specialty mounts, stands, or displays; artists must provide their own mountings and The ARTS Council is not responsible for damage caused by improper hanging
- Only work submitted through this jury process will be considered for this show
- Not all work will be accepted and some work may be disqualified due to failure to meet submission criteria
- The jury reserves the right to reject work that is disrespectful.
- Artists must be 18 years or older to have work in the show
- Accepted work will be subject to a 30% commission to members of The ARTS Council for any work sold and a 50% commission to non-members
- Work shipped by a common carrier (FedEx, UPS, USPS, etc.) must be shipped pre-paid; a pre-paid return shipping label for use at the end of the exhibition must also be included
- All other Standard Exhibit Guidelines apply
All submissions must be made through our online application system:Start Your Online Submission Here! Start Your Online Submission Here
For assistance or questions regarding the submission process, please contact Chris Walters, The ARTS Council’s Grants Manager & Gallery Curator at [email protected].