Volunteer position description:
Under the supervision of the Volunteer Coordinator, Gallery Volunteers are responsible for reception, sales, inventory, and minor housekeeping duties, such as:
- Help make The ARTS Council Gallery a welcoming pleasant place – greet each guest upon entering and allow them to browse at their leisure
- Many guests will be tourists. Provide information, as needed, about things to do, places to eat, and things to see
- Inform visitors, if asked, about upcoming events and the benefit of becoming a member of The ARTS Council
- Provide membership application forms and accept payment
- Perform sales transactions; following written procedures, accept cash, checks or credit cards for sale of artworks
- If working during a pick up/drop off week for the gallery, following written procedures – gather information from each artist, add and release artworks from the Gallery inventory, make labels for artworks, etc.
- Answer the telephone, provide information, and if needed, take messages or forward calls to staff extensions
- Housekeeping duties such as: sweeping, dusting, straightening up displays, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
If you are interested in becoming a Volunteer, please fill out the application below: